Provide the theoretical and clinical information about semeiological process. The differential diagnosis of mouth and jaw bone diseases and their medical and surgical management
Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, general pathology, oral medicine
Course unit content
Principles of semeiotics, differential diagnosis of signs and symptoms of the diseases of the mouth and the maxillary bones, pain, xerostomia,
- The semeiology in odontostomatology: anamnesis / clinical examination.
- Collection of documentation and compilation of the clinical record.
- Diagnostic pathway and differential diagnosis in odontostomatology
- Pathophysiology of pain in the oro-maxillo-facial district
- Differential diagnosis of odontogenic pain
- Burning Mouth Syndrome (BMS): Clinical Aspects and Differential Diagnosis
- Using questionnaires on pain.
- BMS diagnostic protocol and therapy
- Infections in the oro-maxillo-facial district: abscesses and fleas. Diagnostic protocol and therapy
- Odontogenic sinuses: diagnostic protocol and therapy
- Medical Therapy in Odontostomatology: Anti-inflammatory and Antibiotic
- Pathophysiology of salivation
- Xerostomia and hyposalivation
- Sjögren syndrome: diagnostic protocol and therapy
- Allergies in dentistry
- Dentalmanagement of the allergic patient and operational protocols
- Scully C: Medical Problems in Dentistry – seventh Ed. Churchill Livingstone Elsevier
- Ficarra G: Manuale di Patologia e Medicina Orale. Mc Graw-Hill
- Ibsen OAC, Phelan JA: Patologia Orale. CIC Edizioni Internazionali
Updated articles of international literature on specific topics