To provide the basis of medical, surgical and dental management of the patient with odontostomatological disorders and systemic diseases.
knowledge of oral medicine and clinical odontostomatology, histopathology and radiology.
Knowledge of internal medicine and pharmacology
Course unit content
management of dental, mouth and jawbone diseases.
Dental and surgical management of patients affected by systemic diseases.
- Medical and surgical management of patients suffering from pathologies of the oral cavity, teeth and bones
- Optical microscope tutorials related to histopathological diagnosis of mucosal and bone lesions of the gold-maxillofacial district
- Exercises with different laser wavelengths on animal tissues and extracts of teeth
- laser surgical intervention
- medical and surgical management of patients under head and neck radiotherapy or under medications at rosica for jaw osteonecrosis.
- management od osteonecrosis of the jaw.
- Scully C: Medical Problems in Dentistry – seventh Ed. Churchill Livingstone Elsevier
- Ficarra G: Manuale di Patologia e Medicina Orale. Mc Graw-Hill
- Ibsen OAC, Phelan JA: Patologia Orale. CIC Edizioni Internazionali
- Articoli aggiornati della letteratura internazionale sugli specifici argomenti
clinical analysis of medical, surgical or dental treatment of patients affected by mouth and jawbone diseases and systemic diseases