The aims of the course in relation to knowledge and understanding are:
- Understanding of the phenomena of nonlinear dynamical systems: multiple equilibria, stability/instability, limit cycles.
- Knowledge of the stability theory and its extensions.
- Knowledge of the main methods of nonlinear control.
In relation to the capability of applying knowledge and understanding, the aims are:
- Skill to analyze nonlinear systems.
- Skill to simulate nonlinear systems on a computer with MATLAB and Simulink.
- Skill to design nonlinear control systems in the scalar case.