Students will learn the main tools of the analysis of international trade, and will acquire the ability to understand dynamics and the impact of trade policy. Students will learn the determinants of public debt dynamics, acquire the ability to assess the factors of stability and instability. Students will also learn issues in economic policy in intertemporal contexts. They will acquire skills related to savings choices and the use of funds in presence of risky assets. The students learn to understand the main phenomena of the financial and credit markets, the determination of main asset yields and liabilities, and their interrelationships with the sector in the real world central bank policies.
At the end of the course, students will have acquired:
Applying knowledge and understanding
• specialized tools for macroeconomic analysis of intermediate and advanced macroeconomic models.
• basic tools for assessing the impact of interventions of fiscal and monetary policy and trade policy.
• Ability to assess and make independent evaluations of the conclusions and results of macro-economic analysis and the effects of alternative economic policy actions and interventions.
• Ability to draw up and present critically macroeconomic studies, the implications of different policy choices and scenarios given by economic statistics to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
Ability to learn
• Ability to explain complex topics in a concise manner through the use of graphs and mathematical formulas.