The module intends to provide some essential elements on the protection of minors, aimed at outlining the role of social services but above all that of the Social Worker who works in these services, whose professional specificity is fundamental in the construction of the network for the protection of children and 'adolescence.
In particular, at the end of the course, it is hoped that the student will have greater clarity with respect to the following topics:
- Ethics of justice and ethics of care; "child protection oriented" protection systems and "family supported oriented" systems; the control function and the support function
- Centrality of the aid project with minors and families as the essence of social work, both in the coercive and consensual spheres
- The relationship with the Juvenile Court and with the Ordinary Court: the technical-professional function and the autonomy of the Social Worker
- The best interests of the minor: the protection of the minor as a set of interventions that create the conditions for its harmonious development
- Obligation to report to the Judicial Authority: the "double" track of the protection of minors
- The removal of the minor from the family, the recovery work and support of the parents' skills, the return of the minor to the nucleus of origin: dispelling the myth of the Social Worker who "steals children"
- Networking and socio-health integration