The course, lasting six months, is located in the second year of the course of study, the year in which the student will also face the first period of practical training, and therefore aims to transmit "the objectivity of professional knowledge", setting the supporting bases on which it will be possible to make explicit the "free action" of the Social Workers.
The expectation is that, at the end of the course, the student will be able to:
1. Knowing "what the Social Worker does in practice";
2. Know the field work and its relevance to laws and regulations;
3. Understand how to implement what is formalized in the standards;
4. Acquire a basic technicality useful to remove concern with respect to possible procedural errors and / or omissions;
5. Being able to conduct an interview, using strategies and tactics to be applied in different contexts of help.