The aim of the course is to provide the scientific underpinnings to acquire a deep understanding of the role of nutrition in human physiology an diseases.
Knowledge and understanding
• Acquire basic knowledge of human relevant endocrine and metabolic physiology for nutrition.
• Acquire knowledge of the intimate links between thermodynamics and nutritional physiology and pathophysiology
• Acquire ability to use the specific language of the discipline
Knowledge and understanding applied
• Apply theoretical knowledge to the practice of human nutrition
• Understand the relevance of the different levels of scientific evidence for prescription in human nutrition and nutraceutics
• Have the ability to synthesize information and communicate it effectively to professional and non-professional questioners.
• Develop skills and methodology that allow you to study in a highly autonomous way
• Ability to update through the consultation of scientific databases and journals