1) Knowledge and understanding
The course presents the principles of current wireless communication systems, with a rigorous approach and attention to an operational knowledge.
2) Applying knowledge and understanding
Students learn to:
- use the main channel models to analyze and design wireless communication systems
- apply the main diversity, MIMO and resource allocation schemes
- evaluate the performance of wireless communication systems
- select the most suitable solutions in order to meet specifics in terms of performance and cost, also accounting for possible application constraints.