By the end of the class the student will:
1. Read and master the basic vocabulary of ethical reflection on topics such as tolerance, pluralism, human dignity, personal rights, cultural diversity.
2. Apply the concepts learned in class on events and problems characterizing contemporary society.
3. Take a stance lucidly and on the basis of arguments on ethical issues pertaining to the topics examined in class.
4. Converse and debate on the ethical topics discussed in class making explicit references to the vocabulary and the argumentative strategies of the philosophical tradition.
5. Read and understanding autonomously complex philosophical texts on ethics.