Student learns to deal with all situations regarding health with legal implications. Is able to give information to the citizen / patient about his/her rights due to his/her health conditions
Students have to attend to the 75% of the oral lessons
Course unit content
Duties that the doctor has towards the law, the patient and the ethics. Relationship between doctor and juridical authority, doctor and sanitary authority and doctor and patient.
The forensic medicine as a medical discipline, duties and functions of legal medicine. The legal medicine and forensic medicine;
- The medico-legal methodology , data evaluation and diagnosis in forensic medicine, the analysis of the causaty, the medico-legal judgment and its relevance.
- Professional liability
- The material element of the offense; the material causality; The excuses of crime
- The psychologic element of the offense; the attribution and its legal and biological basis
- Forensic medicine: technical advice and expertise
- Confidentiality and privacy legislation
- The state of necessity, self-defense
- The medical activity documentation: medical certificate and medical records
- Compulsory medical treatment
- The report to the juddicial authority Assessment of death and legislation on organ transplants
- Police Regulations on dead people
- Forensic Thanatology: assessment of death and tanatochronology
- Forensic Traumatology.
- Scene of crime investigation
- Crimes against the life and personal safety (personal injury)
-Crimes against sexual freedom
- Law on abortion
- The law on assisted reproduction
- The penal juridical capacity:imptability- The civil juridical capacity
-Introduction to Forensic Toxicology
- Introduction to Forensic Anthropology
- Medical ethics and bioethics
- The doctor-patient relationship
- Informed consent
- The rights of the terminally ill patient: palliative care and advance directives for treatment (living wills)
- Compensation for personal injury tort
- The biological damage
- The Social Security System: Assistance and Social Security
- Private insurance
Manuale di medicina legale
I edizione (2017)
DI LUCA N. M. - FEOLA T.
Cecchi R. - Ciallella C. - Marinelli E. - Marsella L. T. - Ricci S. - Vecchiotti C.
Volume di 592 pagine
Edizioni Minerva Medica