Career guidance is a service that aims to guide graduating and graduate students towards the world of work, through various activities and initiatives.
The career guidance service is mainly carried out by degree course staff and the Academic and Career Guidance Unit.
Specifically: the degree course, through the department's delegate, organises and publicises meetings with representatives of the world of work (e.g. professionals, public officials, entrepreneurs, etc.) in order to illustrate to students the characteristics of individual activities and the challenges that graduates will have to face at the end of their university education.
The Guidance and Job Placement Unit organises a series of orientation interventions to accompany those who are about to finish or have already finished a university course towards the world of work, favouring the improvement of soft skills and knowledge of professional profiles and related opportunities.
The main services offered to graduating students and graduates are:
- job opportunities board where all the job offers offered by companies, institutions and organisations registered in various capacities on the AlmaLaurea portal are collected;
- the job opportunities, publication of opportunities for students and graduates;
- Job day, an annual event aimed at fostering direct relations between companies and graduates of the University of Parma;
- seminars and meetings on how to write a CV and a cover letter, how to successfully approach a job interview (individual and group interview simulations), etc.;
- orientation traineeships (or internships), reserved for university graduates within twelve months of obtaining their degree.
In addition, ER.GO. also provides various support services for recent graduates on its 'Job Orientation' page.
Useful information is also published in the Graduate section of the University website