Postgraduate career guidance is a service aimed at guiding graduating students and graduates towards the world of work through various activities and initiatives.
The guidance service is mainly carried out by the degree course staff and the Guidance and Job Placement Unit.
- the degree course, through the course delegate, organises and publicises meetings with representatives of the world of work (e.g. professionals, civil servants, entrepreneurs, etc.) in order to illustrate to students the characteristics of the individual activities and the challenges that graduates will have to face at the end of their university education.
- The Guidance and Job Placement unit organises a series of guidance interventions to support those who are about to finish or have already finished a university course in entering the world of work, encouraging the improvement of soft skills and knowledge of professional profiles and related opportunities.
The main services offered to students and graduates are:
- job opportunities board where all the job offers offered by companies, institutions and organizations registered in various capacities on the AlmaLaurea portal are collected;
- job opportunities, publication of opportunities for students and graduates;
- job day, an annual event aimed at fostering direct relations between companies and graduates of the University of Parma;
- seminars and meetings on how to write a CV and a cover letter, how to successfully approach a job interview (individual and group interview simulations), etc.;
- guidance internships (or traineeships) reserved for graduates within twelve months of obtaining their degree.
In addition, ER.GO. also provides various support services for recent graduates on its 'Career Guidance' (‘Orientamento al lavoro’) page.