Outbound (or postgraduate) guidance is a service aimed at guiding undergraduate and graduate students towards the world of work through various activities and initiatives.
- the degree course, through the department delegate, organises and publicises meetings with representatives of the world of work (e.g. professionals, civil servants, entrepreneurs, etc.) in order to illustrate to students the characteristics of the individual activities and the challenges that graduates will have to face at the end of their university education.
- The Orientation and Job Placement unit organises a series of orientation interventions to support those who are about to finish or have already finished a university course in entering the world of work, encouraging the improvement of soft skills and knowledge of professional profiles and related opportunities.
The main services offered to students and graduates are:
- jobs notice board with all job offers posted by companies, bodies and organisations registered in various capacities on the AlmaLaurea portal
- job opportunities, publication of opportunities for students and graduates;
- Job day, an annual event aimed at fostering direct relations between companies and graduates of the University of Parma;
- seminars and meetings on how to write a CV and a cover letter, how to successfully approach a job interview (individual and group interview simulations), etc.;
- job orientation internships (or placements) reserved for graduates within twelve months of obtaining their degree.
Please also visit the postgraduate guidance page on the SMFI department's website which contains various initiatives and a job notice board specifically meant for physics graduate students.
In addition, ER.GO. also provides various support services for recent graduates on its 'Job Orientation' page.