During the course, the student will learn how to understand and toanalyze literary
texts both from the formal point of view and from that of its contents;
- to put them in relation to the author’s poetic output;
- to investigate in depth some of the topics covered in an independent and original way;
- to formulate, communicate and discuss (in French) contents, analyses and opinions concerning the
texts under examination.
Student will also refine their ability to
- identify the formal and generic characteristics of the texts, and to relate them to the cultural background of the time;
- find independently additional information and bibliography on the topics using both print and digital resources;
- make motivated judgments based on a careful decoding of the text;
- extend also to other texts the critical reading skills acquired during the course, addressing the relationship between an author’s poetry and the aesthetic trends of his time.