1. Knowledge and understanding
- The student will address the design problems in the field of power electronics, both from the point of view of semiconductor power devices and power systems. To this end also complements about driver circuits for power transistors and dimensioning of passive components will be provided.
- The student will also obtain knowledge in thermo-mechanical and electromagnetic compatibility aspects, which are of primary importance today.
2. Applying knowledge and understanding
- The student will obtain both hardware and software laboratory skills, engaging in the design of power converters for renewable sources.
3. Soft skill
- The student, through the teamwork, will acquire skill on critical discussion, cooperation aimed at project, and project planning