The objective of the module is to give to the student the theoretical notions about exicpients, fabrication methods, controls, technological and biopharmaceutical properties of immediate release pharmaceutical forms.
Information about the key factors affecting absorption and bioavailability in relation to the pharmaceutical dosage form administered are given. The fundamentals of galenic production in pharmacy are treated as well.
The expected learning outcomes are:
1. Knowledge and understanding: knowledge of excipients, of fabrication methods, of controls, of technological and biopharmaceutical properties of immediate release pharmaceutical dosage forms.
2. Applying knowledge and understanding: ability to apply, in an independent way, the knowledge acquired for the identification of excipients and the preparation methods more suitable for the development of a given dosage form.
3. Communication skills: ability to use the specific language for this specialistic discipline.
4. Making judgements: the capability to face the professional responsibilities of a pharmaceutical technologist. To be able to evaluate the implication and the result of studies made to clarify the influence of the dosage form on the activity of the active molecule.
5. Learning skills: capability of using the knowledge and the basic elements acquired in the conduction of the work as a pharmaceutical technologist. Capability of upgrade, through the scientific publications in the field of pharmaceutical technology.