- Understanding how chronic pain develops.
- Examination of patients with chronic pain.
- Knowledge of common painful conditions
- Knowledge of treatment modalities.
- - -
Course unit content
Pathophysiology of acute and chronic pain. Clinical aspects of common painful conditions.
Drugs used to treat acute and chronic pain.
- Transduction and conduction of pain stimuli in the nervous system
- Pathophysiology of neuropathic pain
- Common painful states: low back pain, radiculopathy, arthritis
- Clinical pharmacology of analgesics and adjuvants: antiinflammatory drugs, opioids, antidepressants, anticonvulsants etc.
Study material will be delivered during classes.
Live lectures. Online or mixed lectures in case of restrictions or low class attendance.
Assessment methods and criteria
Oral exam (1 question during the integrated course oral exam)