The course aims to provide the basic knowledge, both historical-literary and linguistic, of the discipline. The student will acquire:
1.Knowledge and understanding:
- well-rounded knowledge regarding the study of the subject: in particular, history of Greek language and Greek dialectology;
- he/she will be prompted to becoming acquainted with Greek language studies.
2.Knowledge and understanding skills applied:
- the student will develop the skill required to read Greek texts (also with critical edition);
- he/she will become acquainted with bibliographical and linguistic sources and he/she will be able to use them.
- students develop the ability to collect and explain data to state independent judgments within the discipline.
- students will be able to communicate and express methodological conclusions inherent to the discipline in a comprehensible way and supported by the acquired knowledge.
5. Ability to learn:
- students will enhance the learning skills necessary to keep on to study, in an autonomous way, the developments of the discipline.