The module of Pharmaceutical Technology has the aim of providing the basic knowledge on formulation design, manufacturing and use of the most common dosage forms on the market.
In particular, the students will have to:
1) Identify the nature and function of excipients in a medicinal product (Knowledge and understanding);
2) Recognize the most common dosage forms and understand their administration routes (Knowledge and understanding);
3) Propose a formulation design and manufacturing approach for common dosage forms (Applying knowledge and understanding).
4) Evaluate advantages and limitations of a specific dosage form or administration route (Making judgements)
5) Know and understand the fundamental concepts of efficacy, safety and quality at the basis of the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and the Good Compounding Practices (GCoP) (Knowledge and understanding).
6) Know and apply the tests required to evaluate the conformity of pharmaceutical products to the quality requirements of Pharmacopoeias (Applying knowledge and understanding).
7) Present and illustrate a medicinal product using the appropriate technical language in a way that is at the same time simple and understandable by patients (Communication skills).