Students participating in the course will:
- know the main spectroscopic techniques used by chemists for the structural characterization of organic compounds (knowledge and understanding);
- know the instruments and their operating principle for the acquisition of the different types of spectra (knowledge and understanding);
- know the physical principles of UV, IR, RAMAN, NIR, and NMR (knowledge and understanding);
- understand and be able to analyze in-depth UV, IR, MS and NMR spectra of organic molecules;
- be able to get the structures of unknown compounds starting from the analysis of 1H- and 13C NMR, and 2D NMR spectra (applying knowledge and understanding);
- be able to explain in a clear way the analytical and logical process followed to obtain the structure of an unknown compound (communication skills).