To provide the basis of medical, surgical and dental management of the patient with odontostomatological disorders
knowledge of oral medicine and clinical odontostomatology, histopathology and radiology
Course unit content
management of mouth and jawbone diseases
- Medical and surgical management of patients suffering from pathologies of the oral cavity, teeth and bones
- Optical microscope tutorials related to histopathological diagnosis of mucosal and bone lesions of the gold-maxillofacial district
- Exercises with different laser wavelengths on animal tissues and extracts of teeth
- laser surgical intervention
- Scully C, Cawson RA: Il trattamento odontoiatrico nei pazienti affetti da malattie sistemiche . Antonio Delfino Editore
- Scully C: Medical Problems in Dentistry – seventh Ed. Churchill Livingstone Elsevier
- Ficarra G: Manuale di Patologia e Medicina Orale. Mc Graw-Hill
- Ibsen OAC, Phelan JA: Patologia Orale. CIC Edizioni Internazionali
- Articoli aggiornati della letteratura internazionale sugli specifici argomenti
clinical analysis of patients affected by mouth and jawbone diseases.
Due to the emergency situation, lessons may also be delivered remotely (either in synchronous or asynchronous mode) via Microsoft Teams.
Assessment methods and criteria
--clinical case discussion :clinical protocol including differential diagnosis and therapy
-The course will be held through lectures to Students either in the classroom (“in presenza”) or in synchronous-streaming (“in telepresenza”) on the Teams platform. Therefore, the opportunity of Student/Teacher interaction will be preserved both face to face and remotely, by the simultaneous use of the Teams platform.
Lectures will be supported by slide presentations, which will be available to students on the Elly platform (https://elly2020.medicina.unipr.it/).