The objective of the course is to give to the student the practical notions about the preparations, controls and technological properties of most common immediate release dosage forms.
The expected learning outcomes are:
1) Knowledge and understanding: knowledge of excipients, fabrication methods, of controls, of technological properties of immediate release dosage forms.
2) Applying knowledge and understanding: ability to apply, in an independent way, the knowledge acquired for the preparation of a given dosage form.
3) Communication skills: ability to use the specific language for this specialistic discipline.
4) Making judgements: the capability to face the professional responsibilities of the galenical pharmacist
5) Learning skills: capability of using the knowledge and the basic elements acquired in the conduction of the work as galenical pharmacist. Capability of upgrade, through the scientific publications in the field of pharmaceutical technology.