The module of Pharmaceutical Technology has the aim of providing the basic knowledge on formulation design, manufacturing and use of the most common dosage forms on the market.
In particular, the students will have to:
1) Identify the nature and function of excipients in a medicinal product (Knowledge and understanding);
2) Recognize the most common dosage forms and understand their administration routes (Knowledge and understanding);
3) Propose a formulation design and manufacturing approach for common dosage forms (Applying knowledge and understanding).
4) Evaluate advantages and limitations of a specific dosage form or administration route (Making judgements)
5) Present and illustrate a medicinal product using the appropriate technical language in a way that is at the same time simple and understandable by patients (Communication skills).