The student should:
- experience the origins of promotion as a marketing tool, beginning with those experienced in the USA during the 20th century;
- understand the crucial role of promotions as element around which a broad range of market relations (manufacturer/consumer, manufacturer/retailer, etc.) are built and strengthened;
- take into analysis the complex planning of short promotions;
- measure the operation’s outcome on the market;
- evaluate the operation’s impact on the business performance of the manufacturer and the retailer.