The course of Vascular Surgery is part of the integrated course of Clinical Surgery.
The course aims to enable the student to know and to understand the essential elements of etiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis and treatment of major vascular pathological situations of surgical interest, also in order to allow the student the ability to use the knowledge and understanding gained in identifying the vascular patient’s problems.
The student at the end of the course , using the notions of anatomy, biology, physiology, pathology previously acquired , will need to demonstrate knowledge and understanding about:
- causes and consequences of major vascular pathologies of surgical interest;
- pathophysiological phenomena that are the basis of events related of vascular diseases;
- the most frequent complications that can meet the patient operated on vessels and the main risk factors for postoperative complications.
The student, also applying the knowledge and understanding acquired, shall be able, even collaborating with other professionals, to:
- contribute to the prevention of complications that can meet the vascular patient;
- identify the problems related to the surgical pathology from which the patient is suffering
- prepare an appropriate care plan